On 2013-11-06 17:41:41 -0400, Stormy wrote:
> At 10:46 AM 11/6/2013 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> >Same problem, until I noticed that a tntnet web server was installed
> >during the upgrade to Ubuntu 13.10!!!
>
> Perhaps going a little off-topic (although tntnet apparently does
> disable apache2), could you please be more specific?

tntnet doesn't disable apache2, but it seems to be started first
during boot, and as it listens to port 80, starting apache2 fails
with "Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind
to address ...:80".

> Upgrading *from* what version?

Upgrading Ubuntu from 13.04 to 13.10.

> Server or desktop?

Server.

> As far as I can tell, tntnet is either a very specific addition
> during install/upgrade, or can be added with the app "Freemind" in a
> desktop environment. I can find no mention of it being included in
> any server package (after a quick look at 13.10, but we only use the
> LTS in production.)

I've tried to find what could have lead to this installation and
found that it occurred because
  * apache2 (which was just a metapackage) wasn't installed;
  * the installation came from mailgraph's Recommends on httpd;
  * apt isn't smart enough to deduce that httpd would still be
    provided without any additional installation.

I've just reported a bug on the Debian BTS (since I assume it has
the same problem):

Vincent Lefèvre <vinc...@vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>