At first glance, something in your browser is probably requesting the page /test. Since it doesn't correspond to any of your alias statements, it hits the DocumentRoot which you have denied access to.

Is there a corresponding entry in your access log?

There's no entry in access log, and the problem is easily reproduced with curl/wget. There's only one request visible in tcpdump. I've also confirmed that excluding proxy does not fix the problem.

On the other hand, I don't see same problem on bare Apache installation serving only static files. Can Mediawiki PHP create some internal requests? How can I debug this?

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili