Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:11:29 +1000 (EST)
From: Rikhil Agarwal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MAC address from IPv6 address

Hi ,

 I use RHL 7.2. I am writing a program which requires writing complete
IPv6 packets on the network. So I used sockets created by using
sockfd=socket(PF_PACKET,SOCK_DGRAM,htons(ETH_P_IPV6))

When writing the packets using the sendto function. I need to specify the
hardware address of the destination address. This i guess involves
resolving the MAC address of the destination IP address. What is the
method to do so ?

Thank for your help and time.
regards
Rikhil