Hi

I am starting a project looking at how best to auto-generate a simple data
gathering application.

I'd like to drive it off an XML Schema document, I've made something
reasonably good for a web interface using XForms and soon an XML database
as a back-end, the so-called 'XRX architecture'.

I've been reading the Naked Objects books and am interested to see what I
can do in a similar way with Apache ISIS, both for the ISIS web and native
Java viewers.

One question I have is: can I make use of an XML database as the
persistence layer easily? The idea here being that the application
generates one big XML file, or an archive with multiple files, at the end
of a period, and that gets submitted to a central XML database.

I guess that the history of ISIS would suggest that this is a strange thing
to do, as opposed to using a relational database. However, the method in my
madness is that I'm effectively building a no-code solution, asI'm hoping
all the ISIS java code can be generated.

Thanks for your feedback

Regards
Steve Cameron