+1. Jeroen is exactly right.

________________________________
 From: Jeroen van der Wal <jer...@stromboli.it>
To: users@isis.apache.org
Sent: Monday, 20 May 2013 11:35 PM
Subject: Re: Using Apache ISIS with an XML database

Hi Steve,

A few years back I developed an XRX application using eXistDB as a backend
and betterFORM as a frontend. That worked pretty well up to a CRUD level
but when we had to enrich the domain and add complex business rules the
architecture flawed. This is why I moved (back) to Java and more
specifically Apache Isis.

IMHO there is no such thing as a no-code solution. Expressing your logic in
XML is also coding and I would never do that in XML again, too much pain.
However XRX can be the right architecture when your application is in it's
sweetspot.

As Dan mentioned you can make Isis work with an XML store but I can't see
how you can generate Isis code from an XML schema without writing a parser
to do that.

If you provide more details about your application I'm happy to provide
more guidance.

Regards,
Jeroen