On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Dan Haywood <d...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 3 January 2015 at 11:32, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> > @Dan: Maybe it is a good idea to add a link to this repo at
> > http://www.isisaddons.org/ ?
> > Or even fork Jeremy's repo to https://github.com/isisaddons or your/mine
> > own GitHub account so it is easier for us to update it in the future.
>

> As per previous email, I think we ought to merge Jeremy's stuff with what's
> we already have (which are much more extensive).

I also didn't know about the ones we already have.
I'm not saying they are hard to discover. It's just that I read the topics
which are most interesting to me. There is a lot to read !

> But I think it's a good idea to move these templates out from the website
> and into a separate github repo as part of "isisaddons".
>
> Would you be happy to do set up a new repo for us?  Otherwise I'll pick it
> up when I get a moment.

I'd do it. But first I want to play a bit with them.

> > For
> > example I'd prefer to namespace the template names.
>

> The existing templates use "is" as a common prefixl is this what you meant?

Yes.

> > Or make them "File
> > Template"s instead of "Live Template"s.
> >

> Not sure I know the pros and cons of the two. I'm guessing that a "file
> template" might make sense for Jeremy's top-level "domclass" and
> "domservice", but Live Templates make more sense for the class members such
> as Jeremy's "domprop" or the existing "isp*", "isc*", "isa*" and so on?

Right.
Using "File Template" for domclass and domservice will add yet another
option to "New > Java Class" menu. By default there are "Class",
"Interface" and "Enum".
Using "Live Template" one should create an empty Java class, then type
"domc"+TAB in the editor.

As I said I'll play a bit with the options to see which one requires less
actions.