On 06.06.11 12:15, "Hervé Agnoux" <herve.agn...@diaam-informatique.com>
wrote:
>I init a repository with the implementation I choose, so the jcr MUST get
>back
>the implementation I choose, not other assumption.

Why do you think it MUST? The API defines the Repository interface,
nothing more.

Any casting to implementations is always depending on the implementation,
otherwise what's the sense of interfaces in Java?

>>TransientRepository case, it's actually a different object than the
>> TransientRepository you start at the beginning, because of some good
>> reason. Since creating/starting the repository (in this case calling
>> Jackrabbit's "new TransientRepository") is not defined by the JCR
>> spec/API, this is ok.
>>

>What is ok ? What are these good reasons ? If JCR doesn't define, why
>doesn't
>use the define I choose ?

What is your use case anyway? I don't see the problem at all. Just keep
the TransientRepository instance, if you need the implementation-specific
stuff.

Regards,
Alex

--