We need to migrate our current repository and Jackrabbit Version.
Below are the key points in current repository

a)       JackRabbit 1.5.0 - set up as a standalone RMI server

b)       Its primarily used to store PDF documents ( size vary from 50 KB to
100 KB for each document) in binary format

c)       We have a nightly java batch programs that inserts around 5000 to
6000 of these documents every day

d)       During the day time these documents are accessed by the user from a
web application - we connect through RMI to the jackrabbit server and fetch
the document

e)       The database used is DB2 and the documents ( blobs) are stored on
the file system ( setting for externalblobs is true)

f)         The total size of the repository has reached around 300 GB.

g) As  repository size is *more than 300 GB*. We are planning to split in to
2 repositories(Active and passive).

h) Current custom node struture like
        node1
                node2
                        node3  then we have placed documents

We are also planning  to change current node structure as below
        year(document generated year)
                node1
                        node2
                                node3 the we will placed documents.

Here are some the questions:

1) Do we directly replace the jars(all jackrabbit 2.6.0 jars and JCR 2.0
jar) of 2.6.0 version with current jars. Is it work?
 What kind of take care we need to take if it work. Do we need to delete
indexes and regenerate it with new version?