Hi,

[replying only on users@. no need for cross-posting]

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 9:56 PM, virenmanvar <virendra.man...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Do we directly replace the jars(all jackrabbit 2.6.0 jars and JCR 2.0
> jar) of 2.6.0 version with current jars. Is it work?

Yes, Jackrabbit should continue to work without problems over such an
upgrade. Though take a look at the backwards compatibility section in
the Jackrabbit 2.0 release notes [1].

Anyway, as a standard precaution and especially since you're upgrading
over quite a range of versions, getting a full backup before the
upgrade is of course recommended.

>  What kind of take care we need to take if it work. Do we need to delete
> indexes and regenerate it with new version?

There should be no absolute need for extra steps, but for example
reindexing will allow Jackrabbit to update the index format to a more
recent and efficient one.

There are also a lot of other performance and scalability improvements
that can only be enabled by switching to a newer repository
configuration. For example in your case, since you're dealing with
lots of binaries, using the data store would be a good idea. Also a
pooled persistence manager should give you some boost in concurrent
read access performance. However, such improvements would require a
full content migration as described in [2].

[1] https://archive.apache.org/dist/jackrabbit/2.0.0/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
[2]
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/standalone-server.html#StandaloneServer-Backupandmigration

BR,