hi geoff

sure... and having said that: contributions are very welcome.

if you have suggestions on how to improve jackrabbit, the
sparse docu or want to fix bugs or contribute new features
please feel free to attach patches to existing or new issues
at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR
that's the easiest way to track them and any decisions once
an issue needs discussion.

the jackrabbit site is located at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/site/

the most recent source of jackrabbit including the one of
the broken populate.jsp is located at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/

and last but not least: in case you are interested in the
next generation content repository you find it at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/oak/

if you run into troubles while creating patches or have
other development related questions that goes beyond the
users level, send them to the dev list.

regards
angela