Hi Justin,

Your response is shared to me by Julian Reschke:

=========
What leads you to believe that the data is encrypted? I suppose in theory it
could be encrypted if you have a custom DataStore implementation or there is
encryption done by the JDBC driver, but there's none in the standard
DbDataStore itself.
=========

The data is actually not encrypted, to be specific it is hashed.

Our code interacts with Jack Rabbit API to insert the node key into VER_BUNDLE
table, later the report file data is inserted into DS_JCR_DATASTORE.

Let me share you a piece of code which would be useful for you to understand
the scenario.

===============

  String path = uri2xpath(uri);
  session = openReadWriteSession();
  createContentNode(uri, metadata, session);
  Node root = session.getRootNode();
  Node newNode = root.getNode(path);
  // set the node type to file
  //and set the content of the file
  Node reportNode = newNode.addNode(FILE_NODE, NodeType.NT_FILE);
  Node fileNode = reportNode.addNode(Node.JCR_CONTENT, NodeType.NT_RESOURCE);

  ValueFactory valueFactory = session.getValueFactory();
  Binary b = valueFactory.createBinary(fileIn);
  LOGGER.debug("CONTENT stored id JCR_DATA_STORE ="+b+ " , "+uri);
  fileNode.setProperty(Property.JCR_DATA, b);
===============

è  reportNode is what we are saving into VER_BUNDLE

è  fileNode is the actual file stored into DS_JCR_DATASTORE

We are halted with our analysis as the API belongs to JCR and was not sure how
to extract the data stored in VER_BUNDLE to DATASTORE.

Could you please let us know on how the data is stored from VER_BUNDLE to
DATASTORE.

If you are still unclear on the case, I would like to invite you to a
conference call so that I could loop my product expert as well.

Thanks & Regards,
Dilipkumar S