On 08.09.2019 22:52, Søren Jensen wrote:
Hi

I see through OAK-6421 that locking is being phased out and is
currently deprecated. Since the Jira issue currently has the fix
version set for the next stable release, I have some questions for
this.

For our current setup, we have a non-distributed application in which
users may reserve documents and folders of documents for long periods
of time. Currently, we represent this through locks, such that any
invalid attempts at modifying a resource reversed by somebody else
results in a LockExpection. Furthermore, for reserving folders (and
underlying contents) we make use of deep locks.

Are you aware that in Oak, these modifications actually are not
prohibited by locks?

(That's the reason it's deprecated; it doesn't work as advertised...)

Best regards, Julian