makes sense now.

Can I suggest making this small change to the docs (
http://jena.apache.org/documentation/query/library-function.html), for
future travelers:

The local name of ?x if a IRI. Based on splitting the IRI, not on any
prefixes in the query or dataset, in order to achieve the longest
valid localname according to the XML definition of a localname.