From: Dave Reynolds [dave.e.reyno...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 9:09 AM
To: users@jena.apache.org
Subject: Re: TDB triple storage

On 21/07/16 13:45, Chao Wang wrote:
> Thanks Dave,
> So my fuseki has configuration using TDB with OWL reasoner. I preloaded the
> TDB with tdbloader, then starts up fuseki.
> My question is when fuseki starts up, does it load all triples including
> inferred triples into memory?

Yes. It's actually slightly worse than that. All the inferences will be
in memory (including intermediate state) which will be bigger than than
source data. But the data itself isn't loaded explicitly which means
that the reasoner is going back to TDB for each query which is a further
slow down.

Using a lighter reasoner config (OWL Micro if you are not already using
it) may help.

Otherwise, if your data is stable, then as I say, compute the closure
once in memory, off line. Store that in TDB. Then have your fuseki
configuration use that precomputed closure with no runtime inference.

Dave