model.getProperty(ns,"GPA"); I think this works for me and store the data
property GPA in the file.

Actually I do not need this: Model::createProperty(String nameSpace, String
localName)
as I have already created the property in my owl file and just needs
getProperty() method.

If I use this : OntModel::getDatatypeProperty( String uri ) which property
(data property) will be returned ? Because the argument only contains the
namespace and not the actual property.

I tried this but it gives me error:

DataProperty property=ontModel::getDatatypeProperty( String uri, "Score )