Yes its true that it returns Null Pointer Exception.

But what you people suggest I suppose to do? One thing in my mind is to
include first:
employee.addLiteral(Property, 1)
Then employee.getPropertyValue()
Then Perform calculation/addition
And last, employee.setPropertyValue(Property, sum/calculated value).