> On Mar 12, 2018, at 5:47 PM, Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> One at a time and performance ...

I know, it's true. I am actively searching for ways to NOT do this, but I'm in
a tight architectural spot in which I'm trying to integrate two codebases that
aren't mine. Essentially, I'm pulling individual fields from a database and
dealing with them as RDF. Not what I want to be doing, certainly. I understand
fully the poor setup inherent in this problem.

> You could create a TokenizerText.makeTokenizerString and simply pull 4 tokens
> out and then check end of stream or DOT.
> Do you need the quad immediately or can you create a inout that t=you send
> the string to and catch it in the StreamRDF, and reuse that framework across
> quad parsing?

Sort of-- just to make things even worse, the action is taking place in a class
subclassing a type from the database codebase that explicitly warns not to keep
any state. So reuse becomes difficult at best.

I'm going to follow up on TokenizerFactory::makeTokenizerString, and also on
some way I can get myself into a better position to do this work instead of
grinding on it from the disadvantage in which I now find myself.

Just as a matter of interest, it's an implementation of LDP [1] over Apache
Cassandra.

ajs6f

[1] https://github.com/trellis-ldp/trellis