Andy thanks, I have been thinking  over your idea and I think it is
brilliant.
Instead of using the graphs, I will reify my mappings using one URL per
mapping resolving to the reified statement and the provenance information.

Many thanks
Alexandra

P.S. If you are interested, I can post the example RDF as well.