The list doesn't accept attachments.

>> JENA_CP="$JENA_HOME"'/home/ak/Documents'

This needs to be a valid java classpath.

$JENA_HOME is directory of the Jena installation.

In the original it says:

JENA_CP="$JENA_HOME"'/lib/*'

the .../lib/* (NB single quotes - no * expansion) puts all the jars in that direct on the classpath.

For you:

JENA_CP='/home/ak/Downloads/apache-jena-3.8.0/lib/*'

You need to add the package/classfile tree for you code.

As you have: java:samplejena

Suppoose /DIR is the top of that directory tree so "samplejena" is one directory within /DIR.

You then want:

JENA_CP='/home/afs/jlib/apache-jena/lib/*:/DIR'

: is the classpath separator.

    Andy