I get the following exception in some code in 3.7.0 but not in 3.6.0

Exception in thread "SemaphoreListener"
org.apache.jena.sparql.JenaTransactionException:
Already in a transaction of a different type: outer=WRITE : inner=READ

The statement is correct.  But I thought that a READ was possible when a
Write was active.

In the code I have a ModelListener that when it sees a specific change
executes an Ask query.  both the original insert and the ask are executed
via an RDFConnection (and perhaps herein lays the problem?)

Does the RDFConnection start a new transaction?  If I executed query
directly against the model that the update was in (rather than via the
RDFConnection) would that put both queries within the same execution?

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>