Hi,

I’m trying to get Fuseki running on my Mac laptop to start some
experimenation, and can’t seem to get it going.  I’m a Tomcat novice so I’m
not sure what I might be doing wrong.

I do have Java installed (using v1.8 from AdoptOpenJDK) and Tomcat is
responsive.  I can get Fuseki installed inasmuch as its listed in the
Applications section in the Tomcat management GUI - but it won’t start.

When I try to start Fuseki using the “Start” button in the Tomcat GUI, I
get an error message: "FAIL - Application at context path [/fuseki] could
not be started”.

More details:
Tomcat version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.22
JVM version: 1.8.0_212-b04
At the commandline, “java -version” yields:

openjdk version "1.8.0_212"

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 1.8.0_212-b04)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 25.212-b04, mixed mode)

Fuseki2 version: 3.12.0

I installed Tomcat via brew, as in “brew install tomcat”.  I installed
Fuseki by copying fuseki.war under the Tomcat webapps directory, and it was
automatically expanded by Tomcat so that I now have …/webapps/fuseki/.

Any assistance gratefully accepted!

[image: email_sig_logo_vert.png]

Jeff Lerman

AI Scientist