The StreamRDF just passed the base() argument on to the sink so that the
sink would have the base in order to set create the FQ URI from local
URIs.

StreamRDFLib simply ignores the base() call.  I assume this is because it
is intended to process fully qualified RDF.

I think the assumption is that if you are streaming into the graph you
would need the base() to resolve any inbound local URIs while if you are
streaming out from the graph the URIs are already fully resolved.

I didn't write this code so I am not certain but if that is the case
perhaps we should note it in the javadocs.

I do note that StreamRDF says it is for output, in which case I am not
certain why the base() is needed at all.

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>