From: Claude Warren <cla...@xenei.com>
Sent: maandag 30 september 2019 16:33
To: users@jena.apache.org
Subject: Re: [UnionModel] question about unexpected behaviour

Barry,

You create a dataset that is comprised of the following:

defaultGraph -> unionModel
namedGraph(https://www.tno.nl/agrifood/graph/pizza/data)
namedGraph(https://www.tno.nl/agrifood/graph/pizza/onto)
<https://www.tno.nl/agrifood/graph/pizza/onto>

https://www.tno.nl/agrifood/graph/pizza/data is loaded from
file:src/main/resources/dummy1.ttl
https://www.tno.nl/agrifood/graph/pizza/onto is loaded from
file:src/main/resources/dummy2.ttl

defaultGraph is the union of two graphs
defaultGraph.root is loaded from file:src/main/resources/dummy1.ttl
defaultGraph.sub1 is loaded from file:src/main/resources/dummy2.ttl

writing triples into the dataset will write to the defaultGraph.  The
defaultGraph being a uniongraph will write to the first graph
(default.Graph.root).  While they are initialized with the same data
(file:src/main/resources/dummy1.ttl), this is not the same as the
https://www.tno.nl/agrifood/graph/pizza/data  named graph.

Your example basically has 4 graphs, 2 in defaultGraph and 2 named graphs.

Claude

--
I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web <http://like-like.xenei.com>