Hey Sascha, Andy,

Here is my blog post:
https://apothem.blog/apache-fuseki-adding-reasoning-and-full-text-search-capabilities-to-a-dataset.html

It may require some polishing but i'd like your feedback, especially if it
can help Sascha to solve his problem. It would be great if you could
replicate my results, and/or confirm that my understanding is correct.

For inference, I've been asking what level of inference people are
> really using. We could have a stateless RDFS-class reasoner that sits on
> any graph/dataset and always goes back to the base data. No, or very
> short term, caching.
>
> That would be less capable, and slower (but how much? not much in
> practice?) but it will scale, will fit with transactions and data
> visibility, and will see changes in the data as they occur.

This can probably be enough for many use cases (rdf4j does something
similar already, if I understand your suggestion), but what I see more and
more often, and what sometimes I need as well, is some level of support for
owl:sameAs and some other OWL constructs such as owl:equivalentClass and
owl:equivalentProperty. That said, the scalability would make it quite
appealing though, and a simple switch during the dataset creation phase
("add RDFS reasoning?") would make it a very useful feature.

> Knowing the generation of the data seems to me at the moment to be worth
> adding to the dataset interface itself. A simple "what version am I
> looking at?" method. It could be a counter (sequential) or give every
> write transaction a UUID and be able to fetch the generation of the data
> the current read transaction is acting on.

This would also be quite useful in its own right.

Nicola