I'm aware of JSON-LD, but it is hardly relevant here. Not to start a
flame, but I see it as another RDF syntax, no more.

RDF processing can happen on the server as well as on the browser.
SPARQL processor is still a SPARQL processor, no matter where you
place it. And I will at all costs avoid coding an algorithm in JS for
something that can be achieved declaratively, e.g. with SPARQL or
XSLT.