Hi,

We are using FileManager as part of the Ontology API. We noticed it's
Model cache related methods are marked deprecated:
https://jena.apache.org/documentation/javadoc/jena/org/apache/jena/util/FileManager.html

I don't see how OntDocumentManager can work without some sort of model
cache. But I think that FileManager (or at least the caching part)
could be replaced with a Dataset implementation. <URI, String> cache
map in FileManager is essentially the same as the named graphs in the
Dataset.

One immediate advantage would be that all OntDocumentManager
ontologies would be accessible using SPARQL. We have a use case to
make the queryable which lead to this idea.

I've made a PoC implementation. It uses DataManager as a subclass of
FileManager with getModelCache() exposed as an immutable map, because
FileManager itself provides no way to list the entries in the cache
map.
https://github.com/AtomGraph/LinkedDataHub/blob/develop/src/main/java/com/atomgraph/linkeddatahub/server/util/DataManagerDataset.java

Thoughts?

Martynas