Hi Laura,

It hadn't occurred to me that the GC choice might be involved.
Also, I though G1 was the default GC but it seems at java11 it isn't that simple. It's build dependent.

I use the Ubuntu build of OpenJDK.

Java11 has Shenandoah
Java17 has G1 -- and I think java21 will be G1.

Could you try Java17?

And Jena will be moving to require java17. The project supports 2 LTS and Java21 in September is LTS.

    Andy