> Could you try Java17?

I did try Java 17 (default jre available from Debian) but I didn't notice any
difference. I only ran 2 tests with Java 17 though, because the job takes a
long time to fail/finish. I only noticed a significant difference when tweaking
the GC options.

However I did another test on a 3rd PC, with the same exact software setup
(Debian 12, Java 17, Fuseki 4.9.0) but completely different hardware (i5
7th-gen 4C4T, 16GB RAM, NVMe PCIe-3 x4) and it completed in ~30m (instead of
~2h) and the max RAM usage for the Java process was 11.3GB *without* tuning any
GC or Fuseki options.

I don't know what to make of this. Maybe it's the hardware after all, and not
Fuseki. Or maybe the GC has more time for doing its thing with a NVMe drive
instead of SATA/USB. However 11GB still seems very high. As far as I know, each
HTTP request should be short lived, and all the memory of every HTTP request
should be freed (that's why it's strange that I see the memory grow over time).