What does the content of the tdb2 folder look like?

I think compact by default never deletes the old data, but you have
parameters for making it delete the old content on completion.

`--deleteOld` can be supplied to the tdb2.tdbcompact command line tool and
`?deleteOld=true` can be supplied to the administration api when calling
compact
https://jena.apache.org/documentation/fuseki2/fuseki-server-protocol.html#compact

You can also delete  the Data-NNNN that isn't the latest one in the
database folder.

Best regards,
Øyvind