On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 10:31 AM Laura Morales <laure...@mail.com> wrote:

> Thank you a lot. FILTER(STR(?id) = "...") works, as suggested by Andy. I do
> recognize though that it is a hack, and that URLs should probably not have a
> [.
>
> But now I have trouble understanding UTF8 addresses. I would use random
> alphanumeric URLs everywhere if I could, or I would %-encode everything. But
> nodes IDs (URLs) are supposed to be valid, human-readable URLs because
> they're used online. Jena, and browsers, work fine with IRIs (which are
> UTF8), but the way special characters are used is not the same. For example
> it's perfectly fine in my graph to have a URL fragment, such as
> http://example.org/foo#bar but these URLs are not usable with a browser
> because the fragment is a local reference (local to the browser) that is not
> sent to the server. Which means in practice, that if I want to stay out of
> trouble I should not create a graph with IDs
>
> http://example.org/book#1
> http://example.org/book#2
> http://example.org/book#3
>
> in the case that I want to use these URLs with a web browser.

I don't understand what the trouble with the above example is?

> Viceversa, browsers are perfectly fine with a [ in the path, but Jena is
> stricter.

It's not Jena that's stricter, it's the standard specifications. Or
you can say browsers are too lax. They use their own WHATWG URL
"specification".
Sometimes the URL you see in the address bar is not the actual URL
being sent to the server.