Ah, I see the confusion now. The kafka-clients jar was introduced only
recently and is meant to hold the new clients, which are pure Java
implementations and cleanly isolated from the server code. The old clients
(including what we call the "old" consumer since a new consumer is being
developed, but is really the "current" consumer) are in the core module.
For that you want a kafka_<scala_version>.jar. For example, this artifact
should work for you:
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.apache.kafka|kafka_2.10|0.8.2.1|jar

By the way, you probably also want 0.8.2.1 now since it fixed a few
important bugs in 0.8.2.0.

-Ewen

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:08 PM, ankit tyagi <ankittyagi.mn...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Ewen,
>
> I am using* kafka-clients-0.8.2.0.jar* client jar and i don't see above
> interface in that. which dependency do i need to include??
>
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:17 PM, Ewen Cheslack-Postava <e...@confluent.io
> >
> wrote:
>
> > That example still works, the high level consumer interface hasn't
> changed.
> >
> > There is a new high level consumer on the way and an initial version has
> > been checked into trunk, but it won't be ready to use until 0.9.
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 9:05 AM, ankit tyagi <ankittyagi.mn...@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > we are upgrading our kafka client version from 0.8.0 to 0.8.2.
> > >
> > > Is there any document  for High level kafka consumer withMultiple
> thread
> > > like
> > >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Group+Example
> > > for this newer version.