You actually only need kafka_2.10-0.8.2.1 because it depends on
kafka-clients-0.8.2.1 so the new producer code will get pulled in
transitively. But there's nothing wrong with explicitly stating the
dependency. However, I wouldn't mix versions (i.e. use
kafka-clients-0.8.2.1 instead of kakfa-clients-0.8.2.0) -- no need to
include two different copies of nearly identical code!

Long term, we want you to only have to depend on kafka-clients-<version>,
but for now if you need both producer and consumer in the same project, you
should depend on the core Kafka jar.

Ewen