Hi guys,

we have three Kafka use cases for which we have written our own PoC
implementations,
but where I am wondering whether there might be any fitting open source
solution/tool/framework out there.
Maybe someone of you has some ideas/pointers? :)

1) Message routing/distribution/filter tool
We need to copy messages from a set of input topics to a set of output
topics
based on their message key values. Each message in an input topic will go
to 0 to N output topics,
each output topic will receive messages from 0 to N input topics.
So basically the tool acts as a message routing component in our system.
Example configuration:
It would also be interesting to define distribution/filter rules based on
regular expressions on the message key or message body.

2) Kafka-to-REST Push service
We need to consume messages from a set of topics, translate them into REST
web service calls
and forward the data to existing, non-Kafka-aware systems with REST APIs
that way.

3) HTTP REST API for consumers and producers
We need to expose the simple consumer and the producer functionalities via
REST web service calls,
with authentication and per-topic-authorization on REST API level and TLS
for transport encryption.
Offset tracking is done by the connected systems, not by the
broker/zookeeper/REST API.
We expect a high message volume in the future here, so performance would
be a key concern.

Greetings
Valentin