Indeed, the files would have to be moved to some separate, dedicated storage.
There are basically 3 options, as kafka does not allow adding logs at runtime:

1. make the consumer able to read from an arbitrary file
2. add ability to drop files in (I believe this adds a lot of complexity)
3. read files with another program, as suggested in my first email

I’d love to get some input from someone who knows the code and options a bit
better!

Kind regards,

Radek Gruchalski

ra...@gruchalski.com (mailto:ra...@gruchalski.com)

(mailto:ra...@gruchalski.com)
de.linkedin.com/in/radgruchalski/ (http://de.linkedin.com/in/radgruchalski/)

Confidentiality:
This communication is intended for the above-named person and may be
confidential and/or legally privileged.
If it has come to you in error you must take no action based on it, nor must
you copy or show it to anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender
immediately.