Thanks a lot Gwen and Raju. This information was really helpful.

I used the following example:-
kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper localhost:13003 --alter --topic MyTopic
--config retention.ms=1000

And it works as expected.
By setting its limit to a particular value, it prunes messages after that
limit. I just want to make sure I am looking at right property.

Kindly provide me with feedback, if I am on right direction.
Thanks once again.

Your help is much appreciated.
Best regards,
Dilpreet