I've read that JIRA (although I don't understand every single thing), and I
got the feeling it is not exactly the same problem.
I am aware of the Global Tables, and I've tried that first, but I seem
unable to do what I need to do.

I'm replicating a relational database, and on a one-to-many relationship
I'd like to publish a joined message if either of the source streams
receives an update.

In the Global Table Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-99%3A+Add+Global+Tables+to+Kafka+Streams

I see this:
"The GlobalKTable will only be used for doing lookups. That is, data
arriving in the GlobalKTable will not trigger the join. "

So how would I go about doing this?
regards, Frank