> it would be invalid to specify a custom extractor (for correctness
reasons, we enforce the default timestamp extractor)

"default timestamp extractor" meaning the one that was used when reading
the input record?

So, KStream.through() and KStream.to()-Topology.stream() are not
semantically equivalent? Is there anything wrong with using the latter in
order to specify a timestamp extractor?

My motivation is to "fix" timestamps that result from out-of-order
operations until https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6454 arrives.