________________________________
From: Raymond, Shawn P CTR USARMY NETCOM (US) <shawn.p.raymond....@mail.mil>
Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2018 2:39 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Question Related to Zookeeper and kafka java error message.

Afternoon all,

I was wondering if anyone has seen the following messages appearing after
deployment of a quorum.

I am running the latest versions of kafka and zookeeper available.

kafka system 1
error OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: If the number of processors is expected
to increase from one, then you should configure the number of parallel GC
threads appropriately using -XX:ParallelGCThreads=N

kafka systems 2 and 3
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: If the number of processors is expected to
increase from one, then you should configure the number of parallel GC threads
appropriately using -XX:ParallelGCThreads=N
[2018-02-08 12:36:45,348] WARN Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error,
closing socket

MG>org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn has the error
"Session 0x"
                                            + Long.toHexString(getSessionId())
                                            + " for server "
                                            +
clientCnxnSocket.getRemoteSocketAddress()
                                            + ", unexpected error"
                                            + RETRY_CONN_MSG, e);

MG>Zookeeper.java constructs ClientCnxn
cnxn = new ClientCnxn(connectStringParser.getChrootPath(),
                hostProvider, sessionTimeout, this, watchManager,
                getClientCnxnSocket(), canBeReadOnly);

MG>getClientCnxnSocket() code:
private static ClientCnxnSocket getClientCnxnSocket() throws IOException {
        String clientCnxnSocketName = System
                .getProperty(ZOOKEEPER_CLIENT_CNXN_SOCKET);
//zookeeper.clientCnxnSocket

MG>since u are not using netty
MG>the only possibility is you are instantiating
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO
MG>in order to construct u need ZK Client Config
ClientCnxnSocketNIO(ZKClientConfig clientConfig)
MG>but public class ZKClientConfig extends ZKConfig MG>which requires
configPath as parameter to ZKConfig ZKConfig(String configPath)
MG>/bin/zkserver.sh references the remote address of client thru provided
configPath clientPortAddress=`grep "^[[:space:]]*clientPortAddress[^[:alpha:]]"
"$ZOOCFG" | sed -e 's/.*=//'` MG>????What is value of clientPortAddress in
$ZOOCFG????

MG>hint: ZOOCFG="$ZOOCFGDIR/$2
MG>hint ZOOCFGDIR="$ZOOBINDIR/../conf"
MG>hint: ZOOBINDIR="$(cd "${ZOOBIN}"; pwd)"
MG>hint: ZOOBIN="$(dirname "${ZOOBIN}")"
MG>hint: ZOOBIN="${BASH_SOURCE-$0}"

MG>?

connection and attempting reconnect (org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn)
java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host
        at
sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1141)

does anyone have a clue how to fix these errors, I am running on RHEL 7.4.

the strange thing is replication is working and topics are being listed.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

thank you.

V/R

----

Shawn P. Raymond I

RHCSA, CISSP, GSEC, GISP, SCSA, MCSA, MCNPS,  MCPS, MCP

NCI Inc., Subject Matter Expert Linux /Senior Systems Engineer

NETCOM G-3/5/7 Shared Resources OED

DSN: 520-879-5331

TEL: 520-533-5331