Another observation is that when I restart my application. Consumption
doesn't start till 5-6 minutes. In kafka consumer logs I see

ConsumerCoordinator.333 - Revoking previously assigned partitions [] for
group notifications-consumer
AbstractCoordinator:381 - (Re-)joining group notifications-consumer

Then nothing. After 5-6 minutes activities start.