Adding this information that supports your assumptions that it should be
dynamically supportedNotice the update mode -

Dynamic Update Mode option in Broker Configurations
<https://docs.confluent.io/platform/current/installation/configuration/broker-configs.html#cp-config-brokers>
for
the update mode of each broker configuration.

   - read-only: Requires a broker restart for update.
   - per-broker: May be updated dynamically for each broker.
   - cluster-wide: May be updated dynamically as a cluster-wide default.
   May also be updated as a per-broker value for testing

ssl.client.auth
<https://docs.confluent.io/platform/current/installation/configuration/broker-configs.html#brokerconfigs_ssl.client.auth>

Configures kafka broker to request client authentication. The following
settings are common:

   - ssl.client.auth=required If set to required client authentication is
   required.
   - ssl.client.auth=requested This means client authentication is
   optional. unlike required, if this option is set client can choose not to
   provide authentication information about itself
   - ssl.client.auth=none This means client authentication is not needed.

Type: string
Default: none
Valid Values: [required, requested, none]
Update Mode: per-broker

בתאריך יום ו׳, 4 ביוני 2021, 08:30, מאת Anjali Sharma ‏<