I strongly recommend that the Kafka community publish a statement on this
vulnerability.

This Log4J exploit is getting a lot of publicity in my organization and a
page to point our security team to would be very helpful.

 Brian

Quoting Luke Chen <show...@gmail.com>:

Due to this vulnerability is quite critical and "popular" in these days,
should *Kafka have an official announcement in our security cve list page
or somewhere*? (i.e. https://kafka.apache.org/cve-list)

So far, my assessment is that, Kafka is not using log4j 2.x versions, so
the risk is lower.
Kafka is using log4j 1.x version. As long as users don't set the jms
appender, with the *TopicBindingName* or
*TopicConnectionFactoryBindingName
*configured with the JNDI can handle (ex: "ldap://host:port/a";), it is
safe. (usually we don't set the topic name or factory name to this kind
of
for name)

One thing to add is that, we are currently working on upgrading log4j 1
log4j 2 (KAFKA-9366 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-9366>),
and we'll make sure it upgrades to 2.15.0 or newer versions.

Thank you.
Luke