hi Chris

        thanks for your quick response.

to be more spesific, i will explain what i want to
implement.

i have a large collection of music, which i want
excessible to others.I want to make it a server who
will handle request for songs in the form of SMS or
WAP messages and then play the required song on the
mobile phone. but for voice transfer i need the
cellular mobile network. does SMS have access to the
cellular network to initiate a voice conversation.

or the other way could be i can make my collection of
music as a WAP site and people can request songs by
visiting the site. But again can WAP initiate a voice
conversation over the mobile network. Or is it
possible
to do it by some other way.

can you help me.

thanks

--- Chris Blown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> sachin lamsoge wrote:
> >
> > hi all,
> >
> >         i am looking for something which can be
> used to as a
> > link between GSM and IP. and have been thinking of
> > using SMS or WAP gateways for this. Is kannel the
> > right choice for me?
> >
> > i had some basic doubts about kannel.
> >
> > can kannel be used as a commercial gateway?
>
> I hope so, cause we use it. ;-)
>

> > I dont want a fully implemented WAP and SMS
> gateway
> > for my application, i just want a link between GSM
> and
> > IP.
>
> Can you be more specific ?
>

> > if i want to test kannel to act as a commercial
> SMS
> > and WAP gateway what all things do i need. like
> there
> > is something mentioned about SMS centres ( i don't
> > have much fundaes about how SMS works). Infact the
> > basic doubt is how do i get a wireless
> connectivety to
> > my PC running kannel gateway ( to make it act as
> an
> > SMS or WAP gateway)
>
> Kannel requires an SMS center for sending and
> receiving
> SMS messages. The Kannel docs explain all the
> different types.
> Including the fake sms center for testing.
>

> > is kannel implemented somewhere as a commercial
> > gateway?
>
> We use it in a commercial system here, and it runs
> extremely well.
> This really goes without saying when you have good
> open source software
> running on Linux :-)  Thanks 3glabs.
>
> -Chris B

=====