Hey

When you say music, are you talking about mobile ringtones or actual
audio ( mp3, wav etc ) ?

> does SMS have access to the cellular network to initiate a voice conversation.

No, not exatctly, other than informing the mobile user via SMS to call a
certain number. Someone else know anything about this... guys ?

> or the other way could be i can make my collection of
> music as a WAP site and people can request songs by
> visiting the site. But again can WAP initiate a voice
> conversation over the mobile network. Or is it
> possible to do it by some other way.

Sounds like WAP is what you are looking for.

Not sure about the voice thing though. But..

Lets just say the mobile has an Mp3 player included ( as some mobiles do now )
You could then download ( via WAP ) mp3 files into the phoneand play them back
from the MP3 player.

Chris