I am doing some evaluation of Kannel and have successfully set it up to send
messages to a SMPP SMSC.

As yet I have not succeded in sending messages to a UCP SMSC and the contact
at the SMSC company says this is because the message they receive is a
UCP-51 message, when it should be a UCP-60 message.

I thought/hoped that all such matters regarding the UCP protocol would be
handled and hidden by Kannel. Or is the problem with that I am trying to get
Kannel to connect to an incompatible SMSC.

Incedently, the Kannel config  (host,port,user and password) is okay as the
message is arriving at the SMSC but being returned with the following error
message:

00/00065/R/51/N/04/ Message not accepted, waiting for password/F6

Any help will be gratefully received,

Tim.