Hi,

I would like to know whether the Kannel Gateway can act as a stand alone SMSC?

My understanding of the documentation is that the Gateway can communicate with
SMSCs using a variety of SMPP protocols, that it can communicate with a Fake
SMSC
or it can use a phone as an SMSC - however all these interactions seem to be via
the Wap Gateway.

What I am looking for is to install a stand alone SMSC which talks SMPP out the
front and
to a GSM mobile to send the SMS messages out the back i.e

                       SMPP                   AT Commands                  GSM
SMS
application ---------->   SMSC -------------->  GSM Mobile ---------------> GSM
Mobile

Can someone clarify whether the Gateway can operate in this mode.

Many thanks,
     David Freer.