You can download cygwin from www.cygwin.com and you can download the
latest development version (1.1.5 or later) of kannel source from
www.kannel.3glab.org.
You also need the latest Gnome XML library, which you can get from
http://xmlsoft.org/xml.html.
First untar and compile the xml lib like this:

# tar xvfz <xmllib tarfile>
# cd <xmllib directory>
# ./configure ; make ; make install

When this has finished untar and compile kannel by following these
steps:

# tar xvfz <kannel tarfile>
# ./configure --prefix=<the directory you wanna install kannel in>
# touch .depend
# make depend
# make
# make install

Now you should be ready to configure and run Kannel gateway.

* Note: I've only tried the SMS gateway so far. Please keep me informed
about how the WAP gateway works.

Best regards,
Jacob Vennervald Madsen
Mobile Systems Developer