From: Alejandro Guerrieri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: vendredi 14 septembre 2007 09:33
To: info.ubichip
Cc: users@kannel.org
Subject: Re: Kannel queue management

The priority flag is part of the SMPP specs and gets set using the
"priority" parameter. I agree with you, I don't think that any SMSC
would base his internal priority queue on my behalf.

What I didn't find (yet, at least) is any actions being take by kannel
in spite of the priority setting.

I mean, I see it's being passed on the SMPP PDU, but I don't see any
actions being take on kannel's internal queueing.

Under this scenario, if I have thousands of messages queued on the
store file, setting higher priority to a new message won't make any
difference.

Am I correct here or am I missing something?

Thank you in advance,

Alejandro
On 9/14/07, info.ubichip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think any operator let you send the priority parameter to their
SMSC
> through SMPP, if yes, they will override your value in any case. What I
> suggest to you is to put all your regular traffic as lowest priority and
so
> your "emergency" sms with higher priority. I already using this in Kannel
> and it is working perfectly whatever we got lot sms in queues.
>
> Hope thath helps !
>
> Regards

Analyse le : 14/09/2007 09:56:40