Kannel can handle much more than your application backend is able to process :)
Its because Kannel does not process the MO traffic, but just implements simple
routing policies.

Do not worry for Kannel throughout abilities, make sure your application will
not die killed by Kannel.
Get a decent box as hardware and do some stress tests.
Like inject 10 mln MO and see what will happen.

Jinson wrote:
Hello Nikos,

Thank you for the quick reply.

the 'throughput' variable is for limiting the number of messages submitting to the SMSC rite?

I'm asking about Kannel's throughout. How many messages can Kannel handle

Thanks
Jinson Abraham
MobME Wireless Solutions Pvt. Ltd
Cochin