I agree that we were talking about Kannel performance itself, isolated
from apps themselves (Alex's point #4).
But regarding all of his other points, I agree with all of them, and
without having mentioned them before, that was the type of things I
was thinking of.

Your tests having thrown similar results on a few different servers
doesn't mean that Kannel will have the same performance on any server,
it's quite obvious that results can vary a lot depending on stuff like
the mentioned by Alex.