1) I use Kannel 1.4.3 from Debian repo. I will try to install latest stable version if nothing helps.
2) All tables in my database already was utf8, but to be sure I'm executed:
    ALTER TABLE send_sms CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8;
3) yes, it is
4) coding=2, charset=utf8

5) now I have "empty square" characters on my phone.